It is the vision of the Victim Services Unit to give Nevada crime victims a voice in corrections by providing information, services and support with compassion, respect & sensitivity.
The Victim Services Unit is committed to:
- Provide comprehensive information, assistance, advocacy, and support to those harmed by crime including victims, their families, and communities;
- Building a mutual understanding among victims, their families, community victim groups and correctional staff while providing balance to the criminal justice system for victims of crime;
- Integrate victims’ rights and services into program planning throughout the Department of Corrections;
- Develop community partnerships to advance the principles of victim services/issues;
- Train staff regarding the impact of crime on victims; and
- To establish, assess and expand current efforts to assist victims of crime.